439 E. Thompson St
P.O. Box 154 Amity, AR 71921


Mercury Free Dental Office – Why It Matters

Due to the amount of mercury fillings placed and removed by your normal dentist, the dental office can be a dangerous environment. If special precautions are not taken you could be getting exposed to mercury vapor being circulated through the air ducts from the patient in the room next to you. This is not the case at Amity Gentle Dental where we have not placed a silver filling since 1984 and we practice SAFE MERCURY AMALGAM FILLING REMOVAL.


We’ve all read the seafood warnings:”The FDA recommends that women who are pregnant…limit consumption of certain seafood due to the risk of high mercury levels.” So we know that mercury is toxic and we shouldn’t eat it. But what about mercury that’s already in your mouth… permanently?

If you have amalgam fillings in your mouth (also referred to as silver fillings) you have mercury embedded in your teeth. Don’t have silver fillings? You could still be inhaling the poisonous mercury vapor from other patient’s dental work if you don’t go to a mercury free holistic dentist.

Not sure how toxic it might be? Dentists have been using amalgam fillings since the 1800′s, so it can’t be too bad, right? Wrong. After defending their use for decades the FDA recently changed its tune (after being sued) and now states that “Dental amalgams contain mercury, which may have neurotoxic effects on the nervous system of developing children and fetus.”

The bottom line? Mercury fillings are dangerous!


When it comes to actually being exposed to mercury, the highest exposure is when the amalgam filling is placed. Right after the mercury and other metals are mixed, mercury vapors are released when the dentist places the fillings in your mouth. The heat generated when the filling is mixed increases the release of mercury vapors. So if your dentist did not help keep those vapors from entering your body, then you’ve just been exposed to some serious doses of mercury.

This is also another reason why the air in a dental office can be the worst air you can breathe. At all costs, do not enter a dental office where mercury fillings are placed.

The second highest incidence of exposure comes when mercury is being removed or extracted. The heat that is generated from the drill when a mercury filling is removed also increases the amount mercury removal. If the dentist does not take extra precautions to minimize the exposure to the mercury, then the dental patient may unnecessarily be in danger of mercury toxicity.


So how can you avoid mercury toxicity when you visit the dentist? How can you have your mercury fillings removed safely?

The first step is to visit a dentist who specializes in safe amalgam filling removal and who has been trained in special procedures for protecting the patient and the dental environment.

The second step is to only visit dentists who do not use amalgam fillings in their office. While many reputable dentists have completely eliminated their use of amalgam fillings, many other dentists have continued to place the mercury-based cavity plugs. To avoid inhaling “second-hand mercury vapor,” avoid dentists that use mercury.

Come to a Biological Dentist…

We go to the extreme to keep you safe. As a biological dentist, Dr. Chester Clark Jr. has studied and attended numerous training seminars on the subject and is a member of the International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology (IAOMT) an organization devoted to non-toxic dentistry. At Amity Gentle Dental we minimize your exposure to toxic mercury vapors by utilizing the latest and most technologically advanced mercury ionizers, isolation practices, and dental techniques, ensuring the safest possible removal of your mercury amalgam fillings.

Start Your Journey towards a Beautiful Smile Today...

Our Address

439 E. Thompson St
P.O. Box 154 Amity, AR 71921


Get Directions To Our Practice


Office Hours

Monday 8:15 AM5:00 PM
Tuesday 8:15 AM5:00 PM
Wednesday 8:15 AM5:00 PM
Thursday 8:15 AM5:00 PM
Friday Closed
Saturday Closed
Sunday Closed

We are closed for lunch from 12:30 p.m. to 1:00 p.m

Contact Us

(Maximum characters: 250) You have characters left.